Skip to the content
Au revoir morning commutes in the dark, bonjour (almost) lighter mornings as we skip out the door each day.
Adiós longest period ever since payday, hola financially related sigh of relief – phew.
Auf Wiedersehen January challenges (oh, you said goodbye to the challenges already…we've heard that most give up their New Years Resolutions around 3 weeks into a New Year anyway), hallo all the things we missed that make life a little bit better.
Ciao ciao grey skies, buongiorno cold crisp sunny days that make us feel like Spring is just around the corner.
Goodbye, the longest month of the year (well, it feels like it anyway…) and hello to the good stuff appearing on the horizon.
Ok, we know there’s a few more days to go until January is well and truly over, but we’d like to invite you to join us in celebrating what might just be, one of the best days of the year - National Chocolate Cake Day on 27th January…aside from one of our other favourite days, World Gin Day.
So in celebration of all you have achieved in January (even if you’ve just got through it – we know it’s not the most popular of months!), why not combine two of our favourite things, chocolate and Caorunn for the ultimate Chocolate Cake Day treat.
One of our favourite combinations is Caorunn Gin and white chocolate; this is because in most white chocolate the cocoa solids that are present in milk and dark chocolate are removed, leaving a sugary, cocoa buttery taste which pairs exceptionally well with gin. Although, we’d never single out just one kind of chocolate and if you’d rather a chocolate inspired cocktail we’d recommend the Balmenach Gimlet.
We’re sure you’ll agree that the talk of all this chocolate is far too tempting, all that’s left now is for you to try our delicious White Chocolate & Caorunn Cake recipe below – we think it’s something rather special, one we hope you’ll keep in your repertoire whenever you fancy an extra special teatime treat!
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
3. Melt the white chocolate and hot water in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring until smooth. Set aside and leave to cool to room temperature.
4. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs in one at a time.
5. Stir in the flour mixture alternately with buttermilk and mix in the melted white chocolate and vanilla essence.
6. Pour the mix into two 23cm round cake tins and bake for 30 – 35 mins in the oven (do a skewer test when you think it’s ready – pop a skewer in and if it comes out clean they’re ready!).
Enjoy – you deserve this one!
Pair with a Caorunn Tea Punch and raise a glass to February!